Peek at the Week 2
Peek at the Week 2 is a weekly plan that will guide you on your homeschooling or preschooler’s early learning journey. If you have struggled to decide what to teach the kids at home, than please take a peek at our weekly play based plan and find ways to combine learning into everyday play.
For Peek at the Week 2 we are working on…
- Taking care of the environment and nature.
- Sort and classify our findings on a nature walk.
- Science Experiment: Mixing club soda and raisins together and predicting the outcome.
- Matching upper case and lower case letters.
- Practice writing first and last name in a writing journal.
- String a Story: Start a sentence as a beginning mark for a story, then take turns adding on a sentence to create a story.
- Sequence a Story: What comes first, second, third, and so on in the story?
- Arts & Crafts
- The Pictionary Game: Take turns guessing what each other is drawing on the board.
- Continue writing first and last name in their writing journal.
- Read the Story: The Busy Tree
- Dancing and singing: The Green Grass Grows All Around.
- Arts & Crafts
This week we are achieving the following skills…
- Building an appreciation for nature by discovering and exploring objects like rocks, twigs, and leaves that are naturally found in the environment.
31 days of Exploring Nature by Amy’s Wanderings
12 Months of Nature Walks by Bambini Travel
Winter Nature Walk Freebie Printable by Green Grubs Garden Club on TPT
Free Nature Scavenger Hunt Printable by The Measured Mom
For younger kids, you can cut and tape the above image to the top of an empty egg carton. That way there is a place to store each item as its collected.
Check out the post about a Day in the Life here on B is for Bookworm on flowers.
- Taking care of plants at home or in the yard.
Planting Seeds with Kids by Teaching 2 and 3 Year-olds
Montessori Themed Plant Activities by Modern Parents Messy Kids
How to Create your First Fairy Garden by Empress of Dirt
Language – Literacy
- Letter recognition.
- Writing our last name.
- Working on the letter “F f”.
Story sequencing printables by What the Teacher Wants
Letter F Worksheets Free Kids Printables by Kids Activities Blog
Letter Matching by Kindergarten Smarts
Spin and write your name game by The Printable Princess
Science and Sensory
- Scientific Inquiry: Experiment with club soda and raisins.
- Learning about Leaves.
- Pictionary Family Fun
Introduction to Scientific Observation: Dancing Raisins by Shannon’s Tot School
How Do Leaves Breathe by Kcedventures
Disney Pictionary by Bombshell Bling
Fine and/or Gross Motor Skills
- Explore and demonstrate different postures through music.
- Arts & crafts
Action and Movement Songs by Patty Shukla
Make a nature sun catcher craft on Coffee Cups and Crayons.
20 crafts using items found in nature by Red Ted Art
Chalk nature pai MeriCherry
Math – Manipulative
- Estimation Jar
Montessori Nature Tray Sorting and Counting by Living Montessori Now
“Ishful Math” Estimation Jars Inspired by the Book: Ish by Peter H. Reynolds on Mama Papa Bubba
Books, Poems, & Songs
- Plant and Grow Set by Learning Resources
- Song: The Green Grass Grows All Around by The Learning Station
In the Garden Poem by Sharon Berschwinger on TPT
Please note that The Peek at the Week is an outline of our weekly plans on B is for Bookworm. This plan is flexible, based on your family’s schedule and what your child likes most of all. When kids show no interest in our plans, don’t give up, just leave it out as an invitation for them to visit at a different time.
Have you planned a weekly homeschooling curriculum with your kids? What works for you the best?
I am open to suggestions and I will be happy to share your link with our readers on Peek at the Week!
Until next time, friend!
Learn it, Love it, Share it.
I’ve Linked Up On: